To all Unifor Local 4304 members,
As another term of office ends for your Executive Board, Stewards and Committees it’s time to start thinking about election season; elections for ALL union positions will be held again this year!
There are several important dates, as defined in our local’s by-laws, coming up as we start to progress through the election season. Now is the time to start thinking about what positions, if any, you may be interested in running for. Some members have even already submitted a few nominations for positions (if you wish to submit nominations, either for yourself or for another member, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org or orally at the respective general membership meeting where the nominations for the position(s) close)! Put these dates on your calendars:
January 20, 2021
– January General Membership Meeting
February 17, 2021
– February General Membership Meeting
– Nomination AND election of new Election Committee at the general membership meeting
March 17, 2021
– March General Membership Meeting
April 21, 2021
– April General Membership Meeting
– Nominations CLOSE for Executive Board positions at the end of the general membership meeting.
May 19, 2021
– May General Membership Meeting
– Election day for Executive Board positions (majority vote)
– Nominations CLOSE for Steward and Committee positions at the end of the general membership meeting.
June 16, 2021
– June General Membership Meeting
– Election day for Steward and Committee positions (plurality vote)
– Run-Off Election Day for Executive Board positions (only if required)
Yours in solidarity,
Unifor Local 4304