FOR THE SEPTEMBER GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2018 AT 11:00AM & 7:30PM
UNIFOR UNION HALL, 600 WABANAKI DRIVE, KITCHENER
OPENING OF MEETING
READING OF AGENDA
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
1) ‘No Quorum’ General Membership Meeting Minutes from June 27, 2018 to be approved
1) Any reports submitted in advance are provided for information
2) Any other reports from the floor?
1) Financial Report for month of June 2018 to be approved
2) Financial Report for month of July 2018 to be approved
3) Financial Report for month of August 2018 to be approved
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Adoption of a hybrid online/paper ballot voting system effective in 2020. Please see: http://bit.ly/4304VotingProposal
2) Approval of training for remaining stewards, in both bargaining units, before the end of 2018
ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Executive Board Meeting Minutes from July 19, 2018 provided for information
2) Executive Board Record of Business from July 28, 2018 provided for information
3) Executive Board Meeting Minutes from August 14, 2018 provided for information
4) Executive Board Record of Business from August 27, 2018 provided for information
5) DRAFT Executive Board Meeting Minutes from September 11, 2018 provided for information
1) Notice of Motion from June: Investigate possibility of webcasting union meetings – Dave Leitch
1) Advanced winter training proposal for GRT – Walter Prinsen
2) Availability of stewards on evening shifts at GRT – Rob McNall
3) Union representation for students paying dues to Local 4304 – Tyler Kress
4) Any other new business from the floor?
GOOD AND WELFARE
1) Is there any good and welfare? Does any member know of another member in need?
CLOSING OF MEETING
Reports from Committees: Committees should submit WRITTEN reports, as required by the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, September 18, 2018 so they may be distributed to the members attending the General Membership Meeting.
Attendance Reminder for Local 4304 Representatives: In accordance with the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, all Officers, Committee Chairpersons and Chief Stewards are required to attend at least 2 out of every 3 General Membership Meetings unless proper regrets are given to, and approved by, the Executive Board.