FOR THE OCTOBER GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2019 AT 11:00AM & 7:30PM
UNIFOR UNION HALL, 600 WABANAKI DRIVE, KITCHENER
OPENING OF MEETING
1) Call to Order
2) Roll Call of Presiding Officers
READING OF THE AGENDA
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
1) General Membership Meeting Minutes from September 18, 2019 to be approved
1) President’s Report
2) Vice-President’s Report
3) Unit Chairperson’s Report
4) Any other reports submitted in advance are projected on overhead for information
5) Any other reports from the floor?
1) Financial Report for the month of August 2019 to be approved
2) Financial Report for the month of September 2019 to be approved
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Motion to send Karen Koyounian (GRT) and Wafaa Dineen (GCC) to Women’s Advocate Training in February 2020
ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Executive Board Meeting Minutes from September 3, 2019 to be accepted
1) Proposed By-Laws Overhaul Vote
2) Motion to contribute funding to 2019 Unifor Local 4304 Christmas Party
1) Request for Unifor contribution towards legal expenses – Donna Ricciuto
2) Nominations for vacant Trustee position on Executive Board
3) Any other new business from the floor?
GOOD AND WELFARE
1) Is there any good and welfare? Does any member know of another member in need?
CLOSING OF MEETING
Reports from Committees: Committees should submit WRITTEN reports, as required by the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, to email@example.com no later than Saturday, October 19, 2019, so they may be posted for the membership attending the General Membership Meeting.
Attendance Reminder for Local 4304 Representatives: In accordance with the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, all Officers, Committee Chairpersons and Chief Stewards are required to attend at least 2 out of every 3 General Membership Meetings unless proper regrets are given to, and approved by, the Executive Board.