FOR THE OCTOBER GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2018 AT 11:00AM & 7:30PM
UNIFOR UNION HALL, 600 WABANAKI DRIVE, KITCHENER
OPENING OF MEETING
READING OF AGENDA
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
1) General Membership Meeting Minutes from September 19, 2018 to be approved
1) Any reports submitted in advance are provided for information
2) Any other reports from the floor?
1) Financial Report for month of September 2018 to be approved
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) [None this month]
ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Executive Board Meeting Minutes from September 11, 2018, 2018 provided for information
2) DRAFT Executive Board Meeting Minutes from October 2, 2018 provided for information
1) Notice of Motion from September: Send Phil Mayberry to National Skilled Trades Council.
2) Notice of Motion from September: Train all remaining Stewards in both bargaining units in 2018.
3) Notice of Motion from September: Adopt a hybrid online/paper ballot voting system effective in 2020. Please see: http://bit.ly/4304VotingProposal
4) Report from Constitution & By-Laws Committee regarding motion to amend by-laws to lower quorum for union General Membership Meetings.
1) Member appeal of Grievance Committee Decision to not send case to Arbitration – Dawn Grover
2) Recreation Committee request for Local 4304 Christmas Party funding – Pam Martin
3) Proposal to change how vacation weeks are chosen by members at GRT – Kris Berry
4) ‘Flex’ Pilot Route at GRT – Lisa McKeown
5) Bidweb at GRT – Lisa McKeown
6) Any other new business from the floor?
GOOD AND WELFARE
1) Is there any good and welfare? Does any member know of another member in need?
CLOSING OF MEETING
Reports from Committees: Committees should submit WRITTEN reports, as required by the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, October 16, 2018 so they may be distributed to the members attending the General Membership Meeting.
Attendance Reminder for Local 4304 Representatives: In accordance with the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, all Officers, Committee Chairpersons and Chief Stewards are required to attend at least 2 out of every 3 General Membership Meetings unless proper regrets are given to, and approved by, the Executive Board.