FOR THE NOVEMBER GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2019 AT 11:00AM & 7:30PM
UNIFOR UNION HALL, 600 WABANAKI DRIVE, KITCHENER
OPENING OF MEETING
1) Call to Order
2) Roll Call of Presiding Officers
READING OF THE AGENDA
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
1) General Membership Meeting Minutes from October 21, 2019 to be approved
1) President’s Report
2) Vice-President’s Report
3) Unit Chairperson’s Report
4) Committee Reports submitted in advance of meeting
5) Any other reports from the floor?
1) Financial Report for the month of October 2019 to be approved
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) NONE THIS MONTH
ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Summary of Executive Board actions since October 2019
1) Motion to send Karen Koyounian (GRT) and Wafaa Dineen (GCC) to Women’s Advocate Training in February 2020.
2) Request for Unifor contribution towards legal expenses – Donna Ricciuto
3) Motion to reinstate printed minutes and reports at General Membership Meetings.
4) Nominations for vacant Trustee and Financial Secretary positions on Executive Board.
1) Request National replace the National Representative to Unit 2 (Grand River Transit) – Dwayne Hyde
2) Change in dues structure for Grand River Transit – Dwayne Hyde
3) Reimbursement of legal expenses related to GRT decertification application – Janet Jacobs
4) Motion to change General Membership Meeting times to 9AM, 1PM and 7PM – Donna Keeping
5) Motion to amend the Local 4304 By-Laws to allow all dues paying members to run for any office – Donna Keeping
6) Any other new business from the floor?
GOOD AND WELFARE
Is there any good and welfare? Does any member know of another member in need?
CLOSING OF MEETING
Reports from Committees: Committees should submit WRITTEN reports, as required by the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, November 18, 2019, so they may be posted for the membership attending the General Membership Meeting.
Attendance Reminder for Local 4304 Representatives: In accordance with the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, all Officers, Committee Chairpersons and Chief Stewards are required to attend at least 2 out of every 3 General Membership Meetings unless proper regrets are given to, and approved by, the Executive Board.