FOR THE FEBRUARY GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2019 AT 11:00AM & 7:30PM
UNIFOR UNION HALL, 600 WABANAKI DRIVE, KITCHENER
OPENING OF MEETING
1) Call to Order.
2) Roll Call of Presiding Officers.
3) Swearing In Ceremony for new GRT Unit Chairperson Lisa McKeown.
READING OF AGENDA
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
1) General Membership Meeting Minutes from January 16, 2019 to be approved
1) President’s Report
2) Vice-President’s Report
3) Unit Chairperson’s Report
4) Any other reports submitted in advance are provided for information
5) Any other reports from the floor?
1) Financial Report for month of January 2019 to be approved
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Motion to send Lisa Main, and one other member, to Collective Bargaining Training.
2) Motion to send Neil Patel to AWOC, Week 1, Training.
3) Motion to send Darci Jewell and Bruce Arron to Human Rights Training.
ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1) Executive Board Meeting Minutes from January 8, 2019 to be accepted.
2) DRAFT Executive Board Meeting Minutes from February 5, 2019 provided for information.
1) Motion to send Terri Kepic to Pride Course and Pride Conference in May.
2) Motion that 4 additional members be permitted to attend the Pride Conference in May.
3) Motion to arrange alternative representative for Janet Jacobs arbitration.
4) Motion to immediately hire labour lawyer to review GRT collective agreement language.
1) Appeal to send Donna Ricciuto grievance to arbitration.
2) Any other new business from the floor?
GOOD AND WELFARE
1) Is there any good and welfare? Does any member know of another member in need?
CLOSING OF MEETING
Reports from Committees: Committees should submit WRITTEN reports, as required by the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, February 19, 2019 so they may be distributed to the members attending the General Membership Meeting.
Attendance Reminder for Local 4304 Representatives: In accordance with the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, all Officers, Committee Chairpersons and Chief Stewards are required to attend at least 2 out of every 3 General Membership Meetings unless proper regrets are given to, and approved by, the Executive Board.