FOR THE AUGUST GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2021
AT 11:00AM & 7:30PM
VIA ZOOM ONLINE CONFERENCING
OPENING OF MEETING
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Presiding Officers
READING OF THE AGENDA
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- General Membership Meeting Minutes from June 16, 2021 to be approved
- President’s Report
- Vice-President’s Report
- Unit Chairperson’s Report
- Committee Reports submitted in advance of meeting
- Any other reports from the floor?
- Financial Report for the month of June 2021 to be approved
- Financial Report for the month of July 2021 to be approved
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Union in politics intercity bus service presentation.
MOTION: To Recommend this presentation to the General Membership.
MOVED BY: Ken Vogelpohl
SECONDED BY: Angelo Neziri
RESULT: Unanimously in favour – Motion carried.
ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Executive Board Meeting Minutes from July 6, 2021 to be accepted
- WSIB Representative Position
MOTION: To remove Lisa Hatherly from the WSIB Representative position.
MOVED BY: Sue Turner
SECONDED BY: Kelly Hearty
- Union Hall Update – Brendan
- Union Hall Suggestions – Leon
- Orange Dress down Friday for the Indigenious Children – Leon
- Surprise for our first meeting with a new exec. – Dwayne
- Union in politics intercity bus service presentation – Warren
- Any new business from the floor?
GOOD AND WELFARE
- Is there any good and welfare? Does any member know of another member in need?
CLOSING OF MEETING
Reports from Committees: Committees should submit WRITTEN reports, as required by the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, August 16, 2021, so they may be posted online for the membership attending the General Membership Meeting.
Attendance Reminder for Local 4304 Representatives: In accordance with the Unifor Local 4304 By-Laws, all Officers, Committee Chairpersons and Chief Stewards are required to attend at least 2 out of every 3 General Membership Meetings unless proper regrets are given to, and approved by, the Executive Board.